How dependent are you on your phone? . CTIA states:
Here are some of the highlights from our most recent semi-annual survey (as of December 31, 2011):
- Wireless subscriber connections: 331.6 million (104.7 percent penetration); Dec. 2010: 311 million (7 percent increase).
- Wireless network data traffic: 866.7 billion megabytes; Dec. 2010: 388 billion megabytes (123 percent increase).
- Active smartphones and wireless-enabled PDAs: 111.5 million; Dec. 2010: 78.2 million (43 percent increase).
- Number of active data-capable devices: 295.1 million; Dec. 2010: 270.5 million (9 percent increase).
- Wireless-enabled tablets, laptops and modems: 20.2 million; Dec. 2010: 13.6 million (49 percent increase).
- Minutes of Use (MOU): 2.296 trillion 2010: 2.241 trillion (2 percent increase)
- SMS sent and received: 2.304 trillion 2010: 2.052 trillion (12 percent increase).
- MMS sent and received: 52.8 billion 2010: 56.6 billion.
- Average local monthly wireless bill (includes voice and data service): $47.00; Dec. 2010: $47.21.
Do you think that your customers are included in these numbers? Mobile platforms are a fantastic avenue for reaching your customers be it through things you have already been doing such as email blasts or through new, more efficient methods like SMS marketing and QR codes. If your taget market is this interested in their phones and mobile devices, you should be, too!